Our mission at Valleyview Elementary is to create a caring environment where students, parents, and staff eagerly combine their knowledge, abilities, and resources toward enhancing self-confidence, promoting critical and cognitive thinking, developing healthy minds and bodies, and creating independent lifelong learners who have respect for themselves, others, and the world around them.
Code of Conduct and Other School Information
Valleyview Elementary adheres to the Polk County Schools Code of Conduct. Each child receives a copy of the current Code of Conduct Handbook during the first week of school. Parents are requested to sign the forms and return them to school as soon as possible.
Supply List for 2015/16
Please click the following link: K-2 Supply List 3-5 Supply List Kindergarten Registration Form: V.P.K. REQUIREMENTS: The same requirements also pertain to V.P.K. with the exception of age appropriate shots. If you are in Pre-K, you will need a new physical for the entrance to Kindergarten. Por favor registren a sus hijos antes de que se acabe este año si van a empezar Kinder en Valleyiew. Gracias
Valleyview Elementary has a no tolerance policy against bullying. Please click on the links below to access the Polk County School Board Bullying Resources.
Latest Bullying Resources
Standing Tall Newsletters
- Standing Tall Newsletter – English
- Standing Tall Newsletter – Spanish
- Standing Tall Newsletter – Haitian Creole
School Colors & Nickname
Navy, Teal, and White Voyagers
Valleyview Policies and Procedures
Bottoms: Navy, black or khaki/tan
- Shorts, pants, slacks, skorts, skirts, skirted jumpers
- Must be plain, solid-color Twill, Corduroy or Denim fabric
Tops: White, Navy or Teal with collar
- Must have long or short sleeves
- Knit polo-type, Oxford or woven dress shirts, blouses, turtlenecks
- School t-shirts are OK as approved by our school
Other Dress Code Rules:
- A belt is required if the garment has belt loops
- Shirts must be tucked in
- Shorts/skirts must be mid-thigh or longer
- Shoes must be safe and appropriate
- Clothes must be appropriate size, with waist of garment worn at student’s waist
- School Administrators will determine if clothing is appropriate for school and complies with district rules. For more specific information on the student dress code, please refer to the Code of Student Conduct.
Jackets, Sweaters, Coats, etc.
- Any garment that is worn during the school day should:
- Have a collar or be worn with a collared uniformed shirt or school t-shirt underneath.
- Must be solid white, solid navy, or solid teal.
- School sweatshirts with no hoods are acceptable.
- Must not have any colored trim, stripes, decoration, etc. (small logos are OK).
- School staff may ask students to remove jackets.
T-Shirts For Sale at PTA Meeting